Monday, October 05, 2009

The grand cru of birthday surprises.

The grand cru of birthday surprises.

My 23rd birthday has been marked by several surprises, including an impromptu birthday fruit cake on a Hanoi-bound train and a chocolate cake at the hotel before we left for the airport for home. The biggest one of all would however have to be the surprise party at Ubud on the 25th. I've never been thrown a surprise party, and what I thought would be a quiet and early birthday dinner with the babes turned out to be a boisterous affair with most of my loved ones present. So here it is - a pictorial documentation of the grand cru of this year's birthday surprises.


K, M and DX sat at an empty table to greet an unsuspecting me, while the rest sneakily crouched behind the counter.



I was very, very, very surprised.



With the uni babes, and old friends for life.



Alison's mangled homebaked blueberry cheesecake, and my chocolate one from The Patissier.



The girls insisted on the yearly tradition of having me retrieve the buried candle holder out with my mouth. It was thankfully a minimally messy affair in lieu of our after party at PS Cafe.



It was Marc's actual birthday and we surprised the exhausted working dude with a cake and a lot of food at PS Cafe. And Fag and Diana managed to make it down afterall.

I was in a state of semi-shock for a good part of the night, but when all the excitement finally eased, all I could think of was: "Boy, am I blessed or what?" :)

No comments: