Sunday, October 04, 2009

5 cakes, 2 dinners and several life-threatening slips later.

5 cakes, 2 dinners and several life-threatening slips later.



I'm back from Vietnam! Though I started out dreading the trekking bit, I ironically ended up enjoying navigating the life-threatening slippery mud and losing my heart to a 50-year-old Hmong lady in the process.

It's a long story I'll save for when I actually get time to make sense of the past two weeks, from the surprise birthday dinner at Ubud to spending my birthday across two countries, and tonight's dinner at Iggy's with P. And how I've gone from hating the idea of trekking in the wilderness to planning to conquer Gunung Batur with P while on our annual Bali pilgrimage next June.

Off to bed to pay of some of the hefty sleep debt, on my new goose down bed cover and pillow. A present much appreciated after the past days of snoozing in a sleeping bag and aboard rumbling train beds. Good night world!

No comments: