Sunday, August 23, 2009

Disparities.

Disparities.

When I was 16, I attended the hospitality management interview at Temasek Polytechnic with a racing heart and the sweatiest palms. I wanted to get into the course so badly that I simply left no alternate route for myself, and the euphoria that filled me when I was accepted was indescribable. In stark contrast, I attended the interview of my current course three years later with a mood of indifference and the letter of acceptance that came in the mail days later brought little semblance of euphoria to my heart.

The course would provide me with the paper that stood between me and my future, and while I graduated from TP feeling like I've gained and grown not just academically but also professionally and emotionally, the latter veil of indifference has sat with me throughout the past three years of my university education.

It may seem like my university education is a nightmare, but there were actually some really good times and enjoyable courses. That said, I can't seem to muster the same passion I have for studying the intricacies of the hospitality industry, the same way I can't seem to muster the same passion and respect I have for my hospitality coursemates.

The future is eight months too long away, and boy can't I wait!

No comments: