Friday, August 21, 2009

Un-expectations.

Un-expectations.

Reality beckons, and some surprising news has put my "what will be will be" attitude in its place. I've been pretty good at compartmentalizing my life and my emotions but I suspect that will change when my brother moves back in with us. I'm not sure what to do and if there is even anything I can do, yet I can't not worry about the things I have no control over.

I think I would be even more unsettled if not for my sleepy state and the fact that I'm reeling a little from P's easy promise that I would be taken care of even if it meant selling the car. I haven't allowed myself to believe in a romantic utopia since my naive ideals were dashed three years ago, and all that wanderlust has taught me to enjoy my independence and the freedom of coming and going as I pleased. In fact, I remember telling a close friend that I could not imagine cutting down on traveling, and the whole humdrum of compromises and finding the middle ground to accommodate another person in my life right now.

Needless to say, I never expected to fall in love quite so soon, much less with someone who's willing to do whatever it takes for my happiness. Despite that numerous fires waiting to be put out by us, I've learnt that love is meant to be easy. And while my spark of wanderlust still burns, I never want to be away for too long and P is yet another reason to come home.

No comments: