Monday, May 18, 2009

The greatest compliment of all.

The greatest compliment of all.


picture from inmagine

Daph and I bumped into a university acquaintance on Saturday who said: "You both look the same!" Now that made my day. Like any other female, "wow, you lost weight" ranks pretty high on my list of coveted compliments, but it is an unrealistic desire when you have a job that revolves around food like I do, and if you are even half as passionate about it as I am.

"You look the same" on the other hand assures me that as much as I have been eating, living and breathing good food, my self-control or at least my metabolism is still intact.

And that's worth celebrating. With truffle fries maybe? Heh. Joke, joke. Off to snuggle up in bed with Elizabeth Gilbert and her musings on pleasure, devotion and balance.

No comments: