Sunday, March 30, 2008

Readjustments.

Readjustments.

It's never easy getting used to MICA life after a long trip out, but it's twice as hard getting used to the quiet now that our French allies have mostly left, and the campus is clearing out after tomorrow's convocation.



Berty's last authentic Indian dinner at Mirch Masala restaurant on Tuesday night.


On Wednesday, we headed out to the Chocolate Room for our last date in India. The chocolate fondue didn't sit well with my tummy, and the stress of leaving got to him as well. Our last hour together in MICA was thus spent napping and fighting nausea. Very romantic, I know. Haha.

And so he's left, and I've had four days to deal with the aftermath of our whirlwind romance. It feels odd walking past his room now and knowing that its empty. There are moments I almost expect him, Romain or Marine to walk into the mess for dinner, or to join us for chai at Chhota, but I'm sure these moments would pass in time.

As Harshal and I were talking yesterday, a LDR can be difficult on so many levels, but it gives us the space to grow as individuals, which is good. For now, I'm going with my heart and gut, and slowly getting into the groove of having a long distance relationship. Nobody said it was gonna be easy, but life's about learning, no? :)

No comments: