Friday, March 07, 2008

Imagine.

Imagine.

Once again I didn't want to jinx it (me and my silly superstitions I know!) lest the owner told me they were fully booked, but now that Berty's Paypal has sealed the deal, here's where we'd be staying for our first three nights - Chattai Beach Huts.




Looks pretty darn amazing doesn't it? If the pictures on the website are an unaltered representation of the place (crossing my fingers here), then I think I'm seven days away from fulfilling my dream of shacking up at a beach hut. Not a beach resort with splendid views of the sea from three floors up, but a hut right on the sand and ten steps from the waters.

Trip planning is a pleasurably gruelling component of the experience, but I must admit the constant researching and emailing can suck the life out of me. Thank goodness I've got another day off tomorrow to sort out the replies from the resorts, though I should really get cracking on my Imagining India essay.

It's almost four in the morning, and I ought to drag my ass off the makeshift sofa and into bed. I'd already pulled an all-nighter yesterday playing Shag, Shoot or Marry and a random word association game with some of the CCC and RCM guys.

Rowdy, chain-smoking and relentless with their sexual innuendos, the boys remind me so much of my cheeky brother back home. Watching the sunrise in the sleeping Champa courtyard is definitely going into my list of favourite MICA memories.

Good night world.

No comments: