Monday, October 15, 2007

While the world's asleep.

While the world's asleep.



I sat at the bus-stop along quiet roads, and watched a newspaper man unload his van.
I walked past the Hindu temple and caught a whiff of the fresh coconuts which are often sour by the time I walk by in the evenings.
I strolled past rousing coffeeshops preparing for the rush of morning patrons.
I wandered past sleeping botique hotels, then peeked in again two hours later into cafes serving breakfast to tourists.
A spectator to the stirring world and awakening sun.

And as we sat musing over breakfast, our imaginations took flight. Comfort cabs morphed into tuk-tuks, increasing traffic evolved into the waters of Kuta Beach, and a smartly dressed man was believed to be in beach wear.

Good morning Chinatown.

No comments: