Saturday, October 27, 2007

Hello Saturday.

Hello Saturday.
feeling: beyond exhaustion

I read the post I typed last night, and almost laughed out loud at the sheer absurdity of my writing - it didn't make sense. Yet another reminder to avoid blogging just before I keel over, almost like now actually, haha.

I think we're 85% done with our publication design assignment. Finally, after three whole days of tinkering around with the trial version residing and taking up 1.8gb of space on my hard drive. It's just up to Lays to make any final tweaks, and export it for submission.

And since my wonderful group's done with editing our visual communications video, next up's tackling Hedwig's trend story. It's the lesser of two evils as compared to publication design, and after how I spent so much time and effort on coming up with the draft (and I gotta retweak it anyway), I don't think I want to spend any more time on it than I deem fit. It's just not realistic.

Phew. I'm exhausted. It's been one heck of a stressful week, but it's been pretty eventful as well. I've been working hard, and playing hard. Which is a good balance somewhat, no?

I skipped Wednesday's yoga for a Sunfest seminar by Neil Humphrey's - Breaking the Boundaries in Travel Writing. It was cozy, travelers swapped tales, and we had several laughs listening to Humphrey's, who somehow held (most of) my attention for the entire 2.5 hours.

Thursday night was Oktober Fest at Clarke Quay with the babes. We drank beer, ate sausages and pork knuckles, and watched gangs of executives go crazy with their post-work freedom. They were dancing on tables and guzzling beer from 3 litre pints. I can only imagine how the fest in Germany is like.

And earlier, I attended the Sunfest Poetry Slam. It was enlightening, for I'd really expected some sort of poetic rebuttal type, ala those MTV "Your mama so....." insult types. It turned out to be a pretty tame affair, kinda like a more interactive recital cum drama class, but there were some pretty good works.

I really liked the team from RI whose poetry performance was inspired by Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds by the Beatles, and they named in Mary in the Sea with Fishes or something like that. And no, we didn't win anything from the travel writing contest, but like Kester said, it's good enough to be shortlisted.

Two more seminars coming up this weekend, and I'll bid the Sun Tent goodbye. Night world.

No comments: