Sunday, March 29, 2009

Savoring Saturday.

Savoring Saturday.

"There's nothing like a cool autumn breeze, sending the past up with the leaves.
Watching all the clothes on the line in a sidestepping dance with the neighboring trees."

I can't think of a better soundtrack to my easy breezy Saturday than Bic Runga's A Day Like Today. And it's incredibly catchy.

I never realized how enjoyable walking could be until last year, where I probably covered over 100km on foot in Paris and Rome. We may have neither the nicely-cool weather nor that many cobbled paths, but Singapore is actually a very walkable city. Your feet can take you places, as long as they're not trapped within 4-inch heels.

I like how I can plug in my iPod and how my stride goes on autopilot once my thoughts start wandering. I had Rachael Yamagata for company on this afternoon's walk up Mount Faber, and I took a couple more minutes at the peak looking out to sea and enjoying the cool breeze on my sun-warmed skin. Life's always good when savoring such simple pleasures.

A shower and I was out for dinner and a movie with E. Confessions of a Shopaholic lived up to my fluffy expectations, and more. I'm a fan of the book series and watching Isla Fisher live out Becky Bloomwood's antics had me in stitches. It's a light-hearted and trashy feel-good sort of movie - right up my alley!


picture from http://www.nitrolicious.com

It's amost 3am and I'm nowhere near sleep. Looks like the iced mocha and Tippy Darjeeling tea have yet to cease their caffeine magic.

No comments: