Sunday, March 08, 2009

Angels in disguise.

Angels in disguise.


picture from inmagine

Oh what a week it's been! Work's been pretty crazy with the looming deadlines, and tomorrow dawns the start of another week at the temporary madhouse. Work has dominated my thoughts and even invaded my dreams, but I confess that a part of me oddly relishes being high-strung. It would make the relief all that much sweeter when we finally go to print.

While every other sentence I utter revolves around work (I know, I've become one of those horrible workaholics!), I think some balance was achieved with dinners out, and of course some bopping at the Jason Mraz concert.



Good day sunlight, I'd like to say how truly bright you are, you don't know me but I know you see, you're my favourite star.

The mayhem and all that zipping around would usually turn me into an irritable monster, but several serendipitous meetings and pocketfuls of goodwill actually made my week unbelievably beautiful.

What would have turned out to be a horrible Thursday ended up being a wonderful one thanks to a really kind cab driver. My morning started off with me watching my only bus (and another one right behind it) whiz by across the road and an insane peak-hour cab fare. I rushed off work with several uncompleted to-dos, and realized that I was waiting on the wrong side of the road for the bus to the Indoor Stadium. I had to grit my teeth and hop onto another cab, which had to make huge U-turn that cost me an additional $4. The chatty driver kept my mind off the meter (almost) by engaging me in a conversation about David Archuleta, then slashed about two bucks off the final fare because he thought I was a "kind lady". Who's the kind one, really?

I bumped into a Hospitality senior while having tea with the girls a couple of Sundays ago, and while I didn't think much of the chance meeting, he turned out to be a great help on Friday night when I was at a loss of ideas after my disappearing interviewee. I'm still keeping my fingers and toes cross that my editor would approve the idea I pitched though.

And while I thought it was a far shot requesting to borrow a fedora for a photo shoot the next day by announcing it on MSN, a coursemate messaged me to say that a fellow coursemate (who wasn't even on my contact list till then) had one that he was willing to GIVE to me.

What am I, if not blessed? I must live in a world full of angels in disguise. :)

No comments: