Sunday, September 28, 2008

My kind of Saturday.

My kind of Saturday.

The skies were clear and the sun was out. Our beach date would have been perfect if not for the Japanese tourist who dug her high heel into my ankle on the beach tram. For the last time, who wears heels to the beach?!






"First the beaches in India, then Guethary, and now Singapore," said B. At times it did feel like we were on Goa's Baga Beach, and the sunset reminded me of our stay at the romantic Sur La Mer. The only difference was Tanjong Beach's exceptionally dirty waters. We could feel oil on the seabed, had to swim our way through a seaweed fortress, and i couldn't see my toes! What happened to the clear waters?




But with salt on my skin and the wind in my hair as I watched the skies blush at sunset, dirty seawaters were the last thing on my mind. And as we dined in candlelight at km8, I felt like we were on a beach holiday.

No comments: