Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Finding my food voice.


Around this time last year, I started lickthyspoon. I was then an eager, eager novice, having just signed on for the job of my dreams. I was very excited, but also a little daunted, by the steep learning curve that lay before me. I was a sponge, ready to lap up anything and everything that fell on my lap, and my plate.

lickthyspoon was my way of documenting my learning journey, but I took it down a while later as a lot of what I was writing professionally seemed to overlap with my blogging, and I really wasn't keen on navigating those grey, murky areas.

A year later and my portfolio's different enough for me to draw the line between my professional and personal writing. I also like to think that writing about food outside of work constraints will help me find and develop my professional voice. This may sound queer, but never question my always irrational mind!

I know my readership has dwindled greatly ever since I shut the blog down before the passing of my brother, but to whoever's reading - click on here and let me know how you like lickthyspoon. :)

No comments: