Thursday, December 23, 2010

The festive rush.

Anybody who tells you that you can smoothly juggle:
  1. a full-time job (with responsibilities that warrant that I clear all my articles before I jet off for a 11-day holiday - read: 8 stories, photo shoots + proofreading in 1.5 weeks)
  2. festive celebrations
  3. temporarily running a household and
  4. planning and packing for above-mentioned holiday
is LYING.

I have in the past 10 days, :
  1. Researched, written and typed myself into a corner
  2. Ran amok collecting work-related stuff from around Singapore
  3. Researched, written and typed myself into a corner
  4. Shopped, searched and bought gifts for festive exchanges
  5. Shopped, searched and lugged home 100000 items for a photo shoot
  6. Played Cinderella at a gala dinner (11pm curfew to WRITE)
  7. Realised I've missed out on a gift
  8. Scrambled/begged for favours to get gift
  9. Researched, written and typed myself into a corner
  10. Drawn up a packing list
  11. Chucked packing list
  12. Vacuumed luggage (that's what happens when you now live near a construction site)
  13. Baked way too many cookies
  14. Ate way too many chocolates
  15. Ate way too much
 #7 - #14 happened today, by the way. #15 happens every other day.

Crazy? It's an understatement.

No comments: