Wednesday, September 17, 2008

So, change is really the only constant huh?

So, change is really the only constant huh?

Once in awhile, we're faced with situations that force us to reconsider and address what we thought was ingrained in us. It is enlightening as much as it is unsettling, so I like to think of it as part of my growing process.

On a different note, I couldn't help but wonder as I arranged the pictures - Am I busier than I think I am?



Just in - Pictures from B's birthday/housewarming barbecue on Saturday.




The Spottiswoode gang's annual mooncake gathering.


It was Tzin Ling's birthday, so what better way to celebrate on Mid-Autumn than with a birthday mooncake? We're innovative, not cheapskate.


Going to the beach's the only logical thing to do when the sun's out. Keeping in style with my newly embraced no-planning mantra (more about that in a separate post), I abandoned my plans to stream Gossip Girl and start on my travelogue, and instead packed up for an impromptu beach trip with Ken this afternoon.


Blue skies and relentless sunshine. And as I had just borrowed a copy of Sex and the City from the library, I thought I'd order a different cocktail and have a Cosmopolitan instead. Still prefer my favourite Mojito, though the Cosmo did lull me to sleep under the shade. I'm still sunburnt despite my attempts at minimal exposure. "Je suis rose," I told B when he called earlier. I am pink! But knowing my skin, it'll probably subside by tomorrow.

I had just about enough time to squeeze in a run before Gitte came for her piano lesson. Though the scorching evening sun left my throat parched halfway through, I unknowingly shaved a minute and a half off my usual timing (note to self: play Hootie and the Blowfish for a faster run).

The GST offset letter just came in the mail, like an early birthday present of sorts. Guess I can now afford to be a tad more lenient with my three-months-to-Bali saving plan. But along with the GST letter came an overdue statement update from my Europe jaunt. I've glanced through it briefly, and the offset package is far from balancing it out. I've thus chosen denial. Haha.

No comments: